Ford GT40 Blast
This is a fantastic chance to drive one of the most iconic racing cars ever built - the magnificent Ford GT40. Winner of Le Mans 24 hour race a staggering four times in a row, this version is based on the one driven by Steve McQueen in the classic movie 'Le Mans'. Powered by a monstrous V8 engine, these 1960s racing cars produce over 500 bhp. Kick things off with a safety briefing before hitting the track for some serious driving action. Take the wheel of the GT40 for three adrenaline-pumping laps, with an instructor in the passenger seat to offer tips and encouragement throughout. Prepare to drive a very special car indeed!
- Take advantage of this special offer from £59 to £39
- Take control of a legendary Le Mans Ford GT40
- Drive this motoring legend for three high-octane laps
- Available in Oxfordshire, Lincolnshire, Gloucestershire, Yorkshire, Wiltshire, Suffolk and Cornwall
- Availability Description
At least one date every two months (could be any day of the week) at each venue. Please note a £10 upgrade fee for weekend dates at Blyton Park and £25 upgrade fee for Castle Combe applies (payable on booking).
- Participant Guidelines
Minimum age is 17. Minimum height is 4'10''; maximum height is 6'6''. Maximum weight is 18 stone. A full manual driving licence must be shown on the day in order to participate.
Driving may be cancelled or curtailed in extreme weather conditions (e.g. snow, ice, heavy rain or high winds) which would make driving at speed dangerous. Please call the venue if in any doubt.
Expect to be on-site for one hour including a briefing and three laps driving the GT40. Please arrive around 15 minutes prior to the booked start time to ensure a prompt start.
- Numbers on the Day
Briefings are held in groups of up to 30 people. All in-car tuition is on a one-to-one basis with a qualified instructor. There might be other vehicles on the track at the same time.
- Dress Code
We recommend dressing warmly and comfortably in trousers, a long-sleeved top and flat-soled shoes. A helmet is provided.
- Other Info
Please be aware that if you don't opt for the £25 damage waiver, credit card details are taken for a £5000 insurance excess, however, no money is taken from the card unless there is damage to the car.
- Saint Agnes - Cornwall (South West)
- Cirencester - Gloucestershire (South West)
- Blyton Park - Movie Cars - Lincolnshire (Midlands)
- Norwich - Norfolk (South East)
- Tockwith - Movie Cars - North Yorkshire (North)
- Abingdon - Oxfordshire (South West)
- Bury St. Edmunds - Suffolk (South East)
- Castle Combe - Movie Cars - Wiltshire (South West)