Sussex Vineyard and Cheese Coach Tour with Lunch and Wine Tasting
Celebrate fine flavours and local produce in the soul-soothing Sussex countryside. This wine and cheese tour begins with a coach trip from Brighton to High Weald Dairy Farm. Explore the cheese factory and store to find out how their cheeses are made. Head to the tasting room where the cheese maker leads a tutored tasting of six mouth-watering cheeses. Next stop: an inviting country pub. Sit down to a ploughman's lunch of fresh local seafood, meats, salads, cheeses, breads and chutneys. Belly full, head to a local vineyard such as Bluebell or Ridgeview for a winery and vineyard tour led by the winemaker. Sample at least four of their award-winning wines. Finish at Sussex's highest viewpoint for panoramic views that take in the sea below.
- See the best of Sussex with this tasty tour
- Visit High Weald Dairy for a tutored cheese tasting
- Enjoy a guided wine sampling at a local vineyard and winery
- Return transport from Brighton is included
- Availability Description
- Harewood House, Leeds 25th-27th May LS17 9LQ - Grimsthorpe, Linclonshire 15th-16th June PE10 0ND - Margam Park, S. Wales 22nd-23rd June SA13 2TJ - Englefield House, Berkshire 29-30th June RG7 5EN - Chiswick House, W.London 12-14th July. W4 2RP - Knebworth, Herts, 20-21st July. SG1 2AX - Westonbirt, Gloucestershire, 10-11th August. GL8 8QG - Stonyhurst, Lancs 24-26th Aug. BB7 9PT - Floors, Scottish Borders 14-15th September TD5 7SF - Arley, Cheshire 21-22nd September CW9 6NA
- Participant Guidelines
As this experience involves alcohol, the minimum age limit is 18.
The tour lasts six to seven hours in total, leaving Brighton Station in the morning and returning early evening. Please note that times may vary slightly on specific dates.
- Numbers on the Day
This experience is shared between a maximum of 14 foodies.
- Dress Code
Please dress in casual, neat attire. Fancy dress is not permitted. These are working farms and ground conditions may be slippery. Please wear appropriate footwear.
- Other Info
At each location there is the chance to purchase wine and cheese to take home.One Saturday and two Thursdays per month. The Christmas Event is at Stonyhurst, Lancs, BB7 9PT on 14-15th December!