Sussex Vineyard and Cheese Coach Tour with Lunch and Wine Tasting for Two
Foodies: indulge in a delectable wine and cheese tour in the Sussex countryside. A coach carries guests from Brighton to High Weald Dairy Farm to explore its cheese factory and store. Discover how their cheeses are made before enjoying a tutored tasting of six lip-smacking cheeses, led by the cheese maker. At lunchtime, take a seat in a charming country pub and tuck into a traditional ploughman's lunch of fresh local seafood, cheeses, meats, salads, breads and chutneys. Then it's on to a local vineyard and winery such as Ridgeview or Nutbourne for an enlightening tour led by the winemaker. Taste at least four of their award-winning wines. The tour culminates at Sussex's highest viewpoint. Witness panoramic views that take in the sea below.
- Enjoy a delicious tour of Sussex for two
- First stop: High Weald Dairy for a tour and tutored cheese tasting
- Take part in a guided wine sampling at a local winery and vineyard
- Coach trips to and from Brighton are included
- Availability Description
- Harewood House, Leeds 25th-27th May LS17 9LQ - Grimsthorpe, Linclonshire 15th-16th June PE10 0ND - Margam Park, S. Wales 22nd-23rd June SA13 2TJ - Englefield House, Berkshire 29-30th June RG7 5EN - Chiswick House, W.London 12-14th July. W4 2RP - Knebworth, Herts, 20-21st July. SG1 2AX - Westonbirt, Gloucestershire, 10-11th August. GL8 8QG - Stonyhurst, Lancs 24-26th Aug. BB7 9PT - Floors, Scottish Borders 14-15th September TD5 7SF - Arley, Cheshire 21-22nd September CW9 6NA
- Participant Guidelines
As this experience involves alcohol, the minimum age limit is 18.
The tour lasts six to seven hours in total, leaving Brighton Station in the morning and returning early evening. Please note that times may vary slightly on specific dates.
- Numbers on the Day
This experience is shared between a maximum of 14 foodies.
- Dress Code
Please dress in casual, neat attire. Fancy dress is not permitted. These are working farms and ground conditions may be slippery. Please wear appropriate footwear.
- Other Info
At each location there is the chance to purchase wine and cheese to take home. One Saturday and two Thursdays per month. The Christmas Event is at Stonyhurst, Lancs, BB7 9PT on 14-15th December!