Outdoor Rock Climbing Introduction Day for One
Get ready for a brilliant introduction to rock climbing in the breathtaking Peak District. Learn practical skills and tackle a magnificent gritstone crag. After arriving, set some goals for the day ahead before being fully equipped with a helmet, rock shoes and a harness. Head to the climbing location before getting to grips with important safety aspects. Practise belaying each other and discover various climbing techniques. Take on the challenge of different routes and begin to understand the rope systems. After returning to the adventure hub, it will be time to review the progress of the day and reflect on the progress made. Set targets to aim for in the future and feel confident with all the important aspects covered throughout this exhilarating adventure day.
- Enjoy an outdoor rock climbing taster day for one
- Be taught about the necessary equipment and how to use it correctly
- Develop and practise your climbing skills on real rock
- Fit a harness safely and tie the rope, belay and lower effectively
- Understand grading systems and guidebooks for climbing
- Receive complimentary refreshments, including tea and coffee
- Includes a climber information pack
- Availability Description
This voucher is valid for one person. Available on selected dates, year round. All dates are subject to availability.
- Participant Guidelines
Minimum age: 13 years.
The day begins at around 9.30am and finishes at 4.30pm.
- Numbers on the Day
Enjoy this experience as part of a larger group. The instructor to participant ratio is 1:6.
- Dress Code
All technical equipment is provided, including a harness, helmet and rock shoes. Please wear clothing appropriate for the weather and comfortable footwear. Make sure to bring a good supply of snacks and a drink.