Four and a Half Hour Art Print Workshop for Two at Booker Print House
Produce an array of unique prints with a woodcut art workshop for two. An experienced creative will introduce students to the techniques of traditional Japanese printing and the process of hand printing. Using Japanese bamboo barens, discover how to achieve amazing outcomes with this ancient craft. Use multiple blocks and reduction-cutting practises to create more complex, coloured prints. Students are encouraged to utilize their creativity and experiment with designs and various colours to achieve unusual effects. Explore new ideas and have plenty of fun in a bright and airy studio space. By the end of the class, students will have multiple prints to roll up and take home and proudly put on display!
- Experiment with an ancient art craft and learn how to use traditional Japanese hand tools
- Discover the process of inking woodblocks and printing on different types of handmade paper
- Develop a new understanding of various techniques in woodcut art
- Create and take home a variety of unique fine art prints at the end of the session
- Enjoy cups of tea, coffee or soft drinks and learn about the teacher’s printmaking career, whose work has been exhibited internationally
- Availability Description
This voucher is valid for two people. Available to book week round, year round – please contact the supplier to arrange a suitable date. All dates are subject to availability.
- Participant Guidelines
Minimum age: 10 years.
This experience lasts approximately four and a half hours.
- Other Info
Unfortunately, there is no disabled access into the venue. Participants should wear clothing that they don’t mind getting messy (aprons are provided). Please feel free to bring along photos and drawings for creative inspiration. Currently, workshops will either run on a one-to-one basis or as a group of no more than three people.