Three Hour Art Print Workshop for Two at Booker Print House
Create a collection of unique prints with a woodcut art workshop for two. At a bright London-based studio, follow the guidance of a practising artist who uses the space to produce his own work, which is often inspired by history, landscape and the sea. Explore the techniques of traditional Japanese printing and the process of hand printing with an enjoyable three-hour session. Using Japanese bamboo barens, discover how to achieve effective results with this ancient technique. Use multiple woodblocks and reduction-cutting methods to create a series of complex, coloured prints. Experiment with personal designs and water-based inks in various colours and make multiple prints to take home. Have some fun with the remarkable art and craft of traditional Japanese woodblock printing.
- Experiment with an ancient art craft and learn how to use traditional Japanese hand tools
- Discover the process of inking woodblocks and printing on different types of handmade paper
- Develop a new understanding of various techniques in woodcut art
- Create and take home a variety of unique fine art prints at the end of the session
- Enjoy cups of tea, coffee or soft drinks and learn about the teacher’s printmaking career, whose work has been exhibited internationally
- Availability Description
This voucher is valid for two people. Available to book week round, year round – please contact the supplier to arrange a suitable date. All dates are subject to availability.
- Participant Guidelines
Minimum age: 10 years.
This experience lasts approximately three hours.
- Other Info
Unfortunately, there is no disabled access into the venue. Participants should wear clothing that they don’t mind getting messy (aprons are provided). Please feel free to bring along photos and drawings for creative inspiration. Currently, workshops will either run on a one-to-one basis or as a group of no more than three people.