Two Day Introduction to Rock Climbing Course for One
Get up to scratch with rock climbing and learn practical skills, as well as safety and equipment basics. Spread over two days, this comprehensive training course is the perfect opportunity for those who are new to rock climbing and more experienced climbers who are a little rusty and keen to shape up their skills. The expert instructor will find the perfect location and will provide many challenges. Begin this experience by getting to grips with the essentials of climbing safely on a traditional gritstone crag. Slip on a harness and build important knowledge and practical skill. Set goals and aim to achieve new and incredible feats. Review the progress made on the first day and follow up with further training. Take the adventure to new heights and gain knowledge and expertise. This is a fantastic chance to dive into a new experience and potentially find a new outdoor pursuit to enjoy in the future.
- Enjoy two days of adventure with a thrilling introduction to rock climbing
- Discover what equipment is necessary and how to correctly use it
- Gain confidence with climbing on real rock and enjoy plenty of time to practise
- Fit a harness safely and tie the rope, belay and lower effectively
- Enjoy the chance to try abseiling
- Get to grips with grading systems and guidebooks for climbing
- Find out about climbing opportunities, available all over the UK and abroad
- Receive complimentary refreshments, which include tea and coffee
- Includes a climber information pack
- Availability Description
This voucher is valid for one person. Available on selected dates, year round. All dates are subject to availability.
- Participant Guidelines
Minimum age: 13 years.
Each day begins at around 9.30am and finishes at 4.30pm.
- Numbers on the Day
Enjoy this experience as part of a larger group. The instructor to participant ratio is 1:6.
- Dress Code
All technical equipment is provided, including a harness, helmet and rock shoes. Please wear clothing appropriate for the weather and comfortable footwear. Make sure to bring a good supply of snacks and a drink.
- Other Info
All our vouchers are fully flexible and can be redeemed against our huge range of experiences.